- Make sure that you check your exam timetable carefully every day during the exam period. It is no good arriving in the afternoon for a morning examination, you would not be allowed to sit an External Exams. If for any reason you are delayed or sleep in and will be late for an exam, you should ring the school and inform the office immediately. The school telephone number is 0191 5161600.
- If you are ill (including in hospital) a sick/medical note from your doctor is needed if the school is to make a representation for a grade on your behalf. This must be given urgently to Mr O’Malley, Examinations Officer.
- On exam days you should arrive at your exam room after registration at 8.50am for morning exams and 12.50pm for afternoon exams. Morning exams start at 9.00am and afternoon exams at 1.00pm prompt. Please be on time!
- Candidates must never leave an exam room without Invigilator permission at any time but any candidate leaving an exam room unsupervised before 10am mornings or before 2.30pm afternoons will be subject to disqualification. For exams shorter than 1-hour guidance will be given.
- The exams will take place in the Sports Hall or smaller rooms; please make sure you check your personal timetable or the exam list provided daily on the Exams Board outside of the Exams Office or on the Student Portal under Exams on the school website. Seat numbers will be placed on desks.
- Bags and coats should be put at front of room with any non-exam belongings or placed as directed by Invigilators.
- MOBILE PHONES OR ANY OTHER MEDIA WITH TEXT DIGITAL FACILITIES (INCLUDING WATCHES), SHOULD IDEALLY NOT BE TAKEN INTO EXAM ROOMS; IF THEY ARE, THEY MUST BE SWITCHED OFF AND PUT IN YOUR BAG OR COAT AWAY FROM YOUR DESK; ALTERNATIVELY, THESE CAN BE PLACED ON YOUR DESK AND COLLECTED BY INVIGILATORS; YOU WILL BE GIVEN A RAFFLE TICKET TO ENABLE IDENTIFICATION. BELONGINGS WILL BE RETURNED AT THE END OF EACH EXAM. Notes, calculator cases/instruction leaflets and reading pens are also not allowed in an exam venue unless specifically agreed by the school. Candidates will be given no credit for exams in which they are found to be in possession of any of the above. This could result in no grade being awarded for the particular GCSE or other exam concerned and you could well be disqualified from further exams.
- Candidates must not communicate with or disturb another candidate after entering the Exam Room. You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice during the exam and if you try to cheat or break the rules in any way, you could be disqualified from all exam subjects.
- Candidates must not deface their exam paper with graffiti, scribble, rude words or drawings not related to the exam paper – this can lead to disqualification.
- The school has an Exams Policy which includes a policy for Request of Reviews (Appeals) of Marks for GCSE Coursework/Controlled Assessments; Non-Exam Assessments (NEAs) Internal Assessments and External Examinations for Awarding Body and Assessment Decisions at GCSE level or equivalent. These are available at request from the Exams Officer
- FULL SCHOOL UNIFORM MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
- MAKE SURE YOU BRING WHAT YOU NEED TO AN EXAM
- You should bring a BLACK PEN to ALL exams; all other equipment will be provided by the school.
- You may use a calculator unless you are told otherwise; this will also be provided by the school.
- You may authorise a friend or relative to collect exam results and certificates for you; but they must confirm and bring with them proof of identity (photo ID) and sign and date for confirmation.
- Make sure you ALWAYS keep all Exam Results & Certificates safe; colleges, universities and employers may ask to see these in future years and to replace them may cost between £35 and £45 at present.
DO NOT BOOK HOLIDAYS – YOUR EXAMS ARE WITH YOU FOR A LIFETIME
It is strongly advised you READ the JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications) Information for Candidates; Information on Student Portal, Exams & displayed on noticeboards near the West Wing stairs in Dining Hall.
Seating Plan Timetables with specific exam rooms & seat numbers will be issued nearer to start of actual exam dates.